Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Camping Day 2

I woke up exhausted, but straight away I brushed my teeth and I automatically felt a little better. I don’t know what it is about removing plaque from my mouth, but it helps remove my worried while fighting cavities. So the day started with the gas burners not working, so everyone got 2 pieces of candy, a short cake cookie, and a vanilla wafer… glad im here to help with health education.

Again had to keep post from 10-12, not bad. It was normal, captured 3 of the diversante’s, but let them go on account of they were there to fix the gas burners. We ate lunch and had a few competitions: Race’s, darts, arrubix cube, easy stuff.

Then the best part of my day started. I put a towel on the ground at the foot of my tent, laid on it under a tree in the shade, looked up at the clear blue sky and had ray charles remind me of why I love GA and being from the south. I played my favorite Neo-Soul mix and he is on it. It was a very good hour or so. Nothing like a lttle Ray Charles, Erykha Badu, Maxwell, & Anthony Hamilton couldn’t cure. Then I had a weird though…

After I ended a relationship to come to the PC, whenever I would talk to her, her last line was always, “I hope you find what your looking for.” And that statement was lingering in my head for some reason. What am I looking for? I have been contemplating that all day and will cont. to do so. I hope whatever it is, I do find it, cuz I feel I am looking for something, and its not a bad stomach virus, cuz I have already found that 3 times.

So we had a normal dinner, relaxing afternoon, then the Marleboro Man returned. If I have yet to talk about him, basically he is the camp leader that’s on a power trip and he makes everyone do pushups and sit-ups all day long. He just basically is always yelling at the kids to do insane things and hitting on the girls that do the cooking while ordering them to get him more coffee, all while wearing camo and a Marleboro cowboy hat. When he leaves camp, it is always on a horse, and always for some dramatic reason.

So the MM (marleboro man) is back, chaos has ensued, and im getting a little stressed again.

So the nights post went fine, nothing happened. However the rest of the night was interesting. The MM made everyone get in a line and he laid down next to the fire, and he made everyone line up and tell him a joke in fron of the whole group. If he liked it, you sat down. If he didn’t like it, 1 of 3 things would happen depending on how bad it was. 1- 20 pushups. 2- whip in the a@! with his wooden knumb-chucks. O ya, forgot to mention he carries them around his neck at all times. And 3- 20 sit-ups while he whacks u in the stomach with his knumb-chucks as you do them. And he wasn’t easy about it… to bad its not a year from now, where I will have the language ability to explain how ridiculous this is. But whatever. So after, it was about 10, they made everyone under 14 go to bed, and I had to get the fire started. That wasn’t that hard, and I had a good time doing it. After I got it started, the girls came out of their tent and sat around trying to talk to me and teach me some Armenian. The fire was great, relaxing, made me forget I was 10,000 miles away from home.

About midnight, the MM asked me to be post #3, I was reluctant because I was exhausted, and I knew this would be a 2 hour post. I did it though. Right then all the diversante’s decided to get loud and have some fun… at my post. So it was an eventful 2 hours, but I still didn’t want to stand there in the dark while being exhausted. I had to tell the I was tired and wanted to go to bed around 3, they were reluctant but they let me. We all woke up one time because the diversante’s attacked around 4:30, apparently we captured one, but they captured Artyum, god rest his soul.

Day two ended with a lot of yelling, no fireworks, a really good bonfire by me, and me still pondering that question.

“Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared.”

No comments:

Post a Comment