Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Not The Normal Post, But A Must Read... and Listen

So my mother has been getting on to me about updating my blog. I know I have been quite slack about it lately, but you can take that as a good thing. Meaning that maybe I am so busy with spreading peace throughout the world... I dont have time to blog. Maybe my projects are going so well, and I am putting so much of my Western Education to work, that I dont have the mental stamina to blog.... So here is something a little different. You may never know....

I am a music dependant personality. Music can influence positively or negatively my mood. I love music. And when I hear albums like Esperanza Spalding's self-titled album... i know music loves me too. If you have never heard of Esperanza Spalding, click here and read, now you do.

I first fell in love with her about 5 months ago. Thanks to those geeks at the iTunes Genius Sidebar, she came up as an "Artist I should know" when I was listening to other music similar to hers. And i similar to hers and not the same as hers, because nothing compares. I listened to one song, and I was hooked. So i downloaded her album "Esperanza," and my early suspicions were confirmed, I had fallen for a girl from Portland.

Now one reason I am smitten over her is because of this...
Even if she didnt sing like a carmel covered angel and play that bass, I feel i still have good justification for my infatuation. Just look at that hair.

For you people that need proof of her entrance into the music scene... she just won the Grammy Award for Best New Artist. Click here and read. BAM, try that on for size.

The Basics. Ok, So, Here We Go.

She is a 26-year old, classically trained jazz/chamber music fusion musician, singer, and composer. Having attended the Berklee Academy of Music, where she immediately became a professor after graduating at 20, she began to travel with well known jazz musicians, and then the President.

These are my 2 favorite songs by her, but you should download everything she has. I celebrate her entire catalogue... (Meeting With The Bob's Reference if you are cultured enough) Click, Watch, but above all just Listen and Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment